Hitachi CB75F bandsaw

If it has an electrical cord it is covered here.
durbien
Sweeper of Floors, Maker of Tea

Re: Hitachi CB75F bandsaw

Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:13 am

$926.
Chris Hall
Site Admin

Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:31 am

I would expect to pay $1000~1500 for a used CB75 in excellent condition. They used to sell new for about $5000 IIRC, and are still available for sale in Japan, typical selling price is around ¥350,000 ($3200).
Chris Pyle
Deshi

Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:27 pm

No relation to the seller but I found a CB75F listed for $1600 in Cary, North Carolina http://www.woodcentral.com/woodworking/ ... -for-sale/

Also, Agazzani bandsaws are back in production in Germany and Jessie at eagle tools expect to have one shortly. He also expects to receive a container around the fall, just as an FYI. Said he'll probably be getting some 18", 20" and 24"s in the box, assuming the quality and finish is still there.
Chris Pyle
Deshi

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:14 pm

Bumping this because I just won a Hitachi CB75F on one of the auction sites. Working on the shipment details now, assuming it makes it to me in one piece I'll post some pics. Many people claim it is underpowered for full height resawing w/ 3" blade so I may be looking for some smaller blades as well (or a 5hp motor).

Hope to use it in the coming weeks before making any additional "fix-er" plans.
Chris Pyle
Deshi

Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:27 pm

So just spoke with the seller and confirmed shipment with Fastenal. Fastenal has a "port to port" program where they will move items between their facilities for a rather modest charge and insure it for a value up to $5k. The auctioneers wanted to charge me roughly $550 plus $100 liftgate.

Fastenal quoted me $100 as long as someone can drop it off and pick it up at the designated locations. Turns out there is a Fastenal about 5 mins from my house. The seller offered to crate/palletize it and drop it off for $80 but I offered a bit more since it was a good drive out of his way. So cost of shipping is roughly $210 instead of the insane $650 originally quoted. I'm pleased thus far.

The saw comes with 3 blades. The owner told me they purchased it to saw split rope twist in half but they had difficulty. They finally purchased a dedicated machine and it sounds like this was largely forgotten about. They also had a large dedicated resaw so hopefully I'll get many years of use out of it.

Now to see if Fastenal can get it to me undamaged....
Chris Hall
Site Admin

Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:45 pm

Congratulations on the purchase Chris. It's a great bandsaw, IMO.

Interesting info as well in regards to Fastenal shipping. i had not heard about that, but i'm tempted to call them and ask as I recently purchased a machine out of PA and am weighing up shipping options..
Chris Pyle
Deshi

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:03 pm

Chris Hall wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:45 pm
Congratulations on the purchase Chris. It's a great bandsaw, IMO.

Interesting info as well in regards to Fastenal shipping. i had not heard about that, but i'm tempted to call them and ask as I recently purchased a machine out of PA and am weighing up shipping options..
I can't vouch for the quality of shipping but it's worth a shot. If you google 3PL Fastenal shipping, you should find the page. You can fill out some info, including to/from zipcodes and measurements/weight and they will email you a quote. Took them less than 3-4 hrs to reply, very impressed with their response time and the rate is obviously way better than I had seen at other places.

They have some shipping requirements like nothing can overhang the pallet and it has to be pallet jack accessible, etc. If you're looking to move the Zimmerman sander, it should meet the weight requirements at least.

Also, their projected arrival times are wide. This isn't for express shipping. They guestimate 5-18 days for arrival, since it sounds like they use this service to fill remaining space on trucks that aren't fully packed.
Brian
Deshi

Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:33 pm

Awesome! Congrats on the new saw!
Chris Hall
Site Admin

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:22 am

Just got the quote from Fastenal. Incredible!

Just $75 to insure and move a 1000lb machine 333 miles. (a 400 kg. machine about 500 km). The seller is willing to crate and deliver to the Fastenal store as well.
Chris Pyle
Deshi

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:08 pm

Happy to hear it Chris.

The seller dropped off the bandsaw on Tuesday 10/17 so we'll see how long it takes to arrive. I'll post an update after picking it up.

Return to “Heavy Metal”