Le Sigh...FS41 Elite S issues?

If it has an electrical cord it is covered here.
Brian
Deshi

Re: Le Sigh...FS41 Elite S issues?

Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:04 am

Nice, that is a great find for that machine and I agree these rare things are precious, even after a seemingly short period of time.

There is no circuit board to my knowledge and I was very relieved yesterday to find it without one.

Dumb question perhaps, but how many terminals are you dealing with on that machine? I assume one for each spindle, then for each drive motor and the DRO? Have you poked around to see how difficult the hookups are for those parts?
Chris Hall
Site Admin

Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:22 pm

The electrical box occupies the interior of the machine, and it has been monkeyed with a bit. There used to be a coolant pump, which was removed, and that seems to be part of the mess.

I have a weird ghost electrical issue where, once in a blue moon, the table raise keeps going up after I have let off the button. It's not a problem with the button, unfortunately. It's dam scary when it happens, and I have to make a quick dash over to the wall to throw the disconnect switch to 'off'. So far, I have managed to be in time each time it has happened. it's totally random thought - it hasn't done it now for three months.

I think to tackle the electrical will require a significant strip down of the machine, and I'm considering just replacing the entire mill, so probably it will be something I won't
have to get into.
Brian
Deshi

Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:59 pm

That makes sense, gets to be a pretty big undertaking to have to remake the machine and re-wire as well.

Return to “Heavy Metal”