Whitch tools are necessary for starting out woodworking?

Looking to buy a new square, saw, plane, or ?? Have a question about which sharpening stone to buy? This is the place.
J.T.
Raw Log Import

Re: Whitch tools are necessary for starting out woodworking?

Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:45 am

Good morning!! I just love Japanese tools! The way the craftmen puts his soul into it appeals to me more than mass produced western tools! I know cost and availability will be factors but well worth it in the end. I built a light wait portable box with 4 demountable sides for growing micro greens this past fall and spring. I used oak pallets cut down to 5/8 by 1"frame screwed together then mortis and tenan wedged tenans plus 2 hell tenans as well as corner supports with 2 with haunched tenans and 2 with{don't know what they are called}tenans like in timber framing kicker supports or something. It took awhile to complete and turned out very nice for my first ever try at hand cut and hand fit tenans ! I took pictures on an old camera and will put up when I can. Old oak pallets are a bear to say the leas! I did no jointing or planer work before assembling and it turned out nice. A very good education to say the least!! Every day I did bleed for the cause :lolWorth every cut!Thanx again to all!!!
J.T.:
Brian
Deshi

Re: Whitch tools are necessary for starting out woodworking?

Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 am

Sounds like you're on the right track!

Return to “Tools: General”