3 mm hollow chisel mortise set from Lee Valley

Looking to buy a new square, saw, plane, or ?? Have a question about which sharpening stone to buy? This is the place.
Gary Radice
Raw Log Import

3 mm hollow chisel mortise set from Lee Valley

Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:04 pm

For tiny mortises, this might be useful. I think I saw somewhere that Chris has a set?
Even if you don't have a hollow chisel mortising machine, the chisel alone might be handy to clean up corners.

I got their email on March 29th but I was out of the country. You might be able to get in on the same special order if you ask relatively soon.

Hi Mr. Radice. We heard back about your special order request (#502525), and it turns out we are able to bring in the 3mm version of this Hollow Mortise Chisel Set (vendor part 3MMHMC) for you. The price would be $58.00 each, plus any applicable shipping and tax. The vendor did advise that we let you know this particular set has a 3/4" shank instead of 5/8” like the ones we normally carry, so you may want to confirm if your machine can accommodate this size before deciding.
As for availability, we would not be able to request this product from our vendor until we next place an order with them. While we cannot guarantee an exact date of when we will next be ordering, our past history indicates that we will likely place another order within the next 2-3 months. From then, it would take about 8-10 weeks for the shipment to arrive here.
Should you wish to proceed with this special order, please reply to this message and let us know how many you would like. No deposit is needed, so we just need to let our buyers know to request them the next time they place a purchase order with this supplier.
If you decide not to proceed with this order after all, we ask that you please respond to this message to let us know so we can close out the pending request.
Chris Pyle
Deshi

Re: 3 mm hollow chisel mortise set from Lee Valley

Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:08 am

Gary, thanks for posting this. As an addendum, I attempted to order some of the metric chisels through Lee Valley and they said they no longer offer them. You may have gotten in on the last purchase through LV. They directed me to Axminster: https://www.axminster.co.uk/japanese-pa ... ts-ax22410

They deliver to the US.

Return to “Tools: General”