Shoji Noir

Here's a place for forum members to share pictures of their recent work outside of the study group projects.
Brian
Deshi

Shoji Noir

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:28 pm

I have not been good about posting things up on this board, so apologies for that and here goes:

https://brianholcombewoodworker.com/201 ... hoji-noir/

I have not been blogging with any regularity lately, but I have some stuff in the queue.
Vips
Sweeper of Floors, Maker of Tea

Re: Shoji Noir

Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:33 am

I also don’t like instructional videos much, and so watching this was a pleasure indeed. The lighting looks brilliant.

We need more videos like this on YouTube instead of the hundreds starting with “today, we’re making this cross-cut sled”
Chris Pyle
Deshi

Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:48 am

Very pleasant video Brian. I really like the shots/compositions used.

I think instructional videos can still be done well, like Clickspring but really like this approach as well.

I wish video work were easier because it'd be nice to have more like this.
Brian
Deshi

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:07 am

Thanks gents!

I appreciate the positive reception. I'm happy that this has struck a good cord on here and Facebook and my website.

I also wish it were easier to put out this kind of quality, but this is the result of about 6 hours of filming with a talented professional. It was amazing to see how a professional works, Tommy had equipment laid out in my office, then setup and moved around each shot. There was serious equipment involved and zero wasted effort. He then took the footage and edited it which I'm sure took him hours.

If these videos take off on youtube I'll be able to budget more of these, but so far they're hovering around 250 views... :oops: Probably an error on my part having not realized that they were actually hosting at 1080p on there, initially I thought they were 370p so I hosted them on my site (wordpress) and vimeo. They were actually filmed in 4k but I can't seem to upload them onto youtube at that quality.
Chris Hall
Site Admin

Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:24 pm

Did you check back afterwards to see if the videos were still at low resolution? When videos first upload, they are at low resolution, and a few hours later the high resolution version becomes available - - unless you uploaded them as low-res files.
Brian
Deshi

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:45 am

I did, they did show as being available in 1080p after a day or so. Was a relief.

We actually filmed in 4k, but I haven't found a way to show them in 4k, my website only shows 1080p, same with Vimeo and Youtube.

Return to “Your Recent work”