Work in 2011, why my wife has been a carpentry widow.

Here's a place for forum members to share pictures of their recent work outside of the study group projects.
Paul Atzenweiler
Deshi

Work in 2011, why my wife has been a carpentry widow.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:16 pm

I have (and am currently wrapping up) been working on a new Lutheran Church build. I am the lead finish carpenter and the "super" when the builder is gone - or working on something else. We tried to represent an image of a medieval Gothic structure which is why the woodwork is darker and there are so many Gothic arches. I spent about 1 month just applying the ceiling paneling. The structure behind the altar (a reredos) was the most fun. If anyone is interested, I will be happy to bore you with photos and details.
We had a person stop by and ask for a finish carpenter position (which we desperately needed and he said he had 20yrs experience) and I in a light hearted way told him, "any day you're able to get paid to make a pile of shavings with your planes (almost every joint got dressed with a plane) it's a good day". His response was, "what do you still use hand planes for?" I wish it would have worked out.
044-small.jpg
044-small.jpg (265.35 KiB) Viewed 2809 times
053-small.jpg
053-small.jpg (245.93 KiB) Viewed 2809 times
064-small.jpg
064-small.jpg (337.31 KiB) Viewed 2809 times

Return to “Your Recent work”