Views

djwong
Deshi

Re: Views

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:55 pm

Never mind. Read the other post in "Caps".
Chris Hall
Site Admin

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:05 pm

Okay, all good.
Chris Pyle
Deshi

Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:03 pm

Here is what I came up with as I wanted to make sure I understood everything.

It's my first time with SketchUp so this took wayyyyy too long but I finally completed it. The only problem I see is the central mortise is not centered between the upper and lower mortise pairs. Is this problematic?

Also my partition mortise is only .375" wide but I don't foresee this causing many issues.

Chris,

Do you mind if we blog our progress as move through various projects? I don't intend to release full scale plans of anything we are doing but I'd really like to keep a running blog of the things I'm working on. I find writing really helps me 'cement' concepts and remember things better.

Last question: How do you get the tick marks between your dimensions instead of the arrows in SketchUp?
Chris Hall
Site Admin

Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:25 pm

Middle tenon should be centered:
道具箱~.jpg
道具箱~.jpg (113.42 KiB) Viewed 5953 times
How do you get the tick marks between your dimensions instead of the arrows in SketchUp?
Click on 'Window' on the top of the screen to access the pulldown menu. Click on 'Model Info', then on 'Dimensions'. Select for 'Endpoints' as 'slash' instead of 'closed'. Highlight all dimensions in your model then click 'Update selected dimensions' in the same 'model info'--'dimensions' window. That should change them all to slashed.
Chris Pyle
Deshi

Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:40 pm

Updated to have a central mortise. Working on the next models now. We get back from vacation late tomorrow night so hopefully I'll begin cutting some wood by next week.
Chris Pyle
Deshi

Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:01 pm

This one went a little bit better. I'm starting to understand how to model things more efficiently, plus it requires me to think about each cut involved.

End boards are up next.

Chris,

Let me know if you'd rather I post these views elsewhere?
Chris Hall
Site Admin

Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:12 pm

I don't think you actually need to post the views you draw, as it may add more complexity to this subject and some might find all the different views from different authors confusing. I'm glad you're working on your design and ironing out the details though.

Return to “Project 1: The Tool Box”