Some inspiration

The place to discuss developed drawing study other than what is covered in the mailings.
Chris Hall
Site Admin

Some inspiration

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am

There are study groups in Japan also making roof models, and i' thought I'd share a couple of pics as one day we will be making similar models:
img_1342.jpg
img_1342.jpg (141.77 KiB) Viewed 4746 times
img_1344.jpg
img_1344.jpg (169.41 KiB) Viewed 4746 times
A slightly more sophisticated model, with a splayed leg base, which is likely what we will be doing:
img_1606.jpg
img_1606.jpg (83.5 KiB) Viewed 4746 times
img_1608.jpg
img_1608.jpg (152.82 KiB) Viewed 4746 times
Jack_Ervin.

Re: Some inspiration

Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:05 pm

Chris,

This is of great interest to me to see study group models apparently in a setting where the study group meets. I recognize one side of the model as the one we are presently studying. The other side I would hope we could get to this year. On close study of the splayed leg base, I see one leg splayed in both directions, two legs splayed in one direction and the rear post set vertical. From these photos I see all of our study coming together.
I have some questions. Do you have information about how much time they would invest in one of these models and at this point in their studies, would they be given detailed drawings, how the study would progress?

Jack
Chris Hall
Site Admin

Re: Some inspiration

Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:15 pm

I recognize one side of the model as the one we are presently studying.
Not quite - the models in the picture are all of a curved hip corner, while we are dealing with a straight hip corner at the moment.
On close study of the splayed leg base, I see one leg splayed in both directions, two legs splayed in one direction and the rear post set vertical. From these photos I see all of our study coming together.
Glad you are coming to see that there is method to this madness in the CSG drawing group study plan.
Do you have information about how much time they would invest in one of these models and at this point in their studies, would they be given detailed drawings, how the study would progress?
In short, no, I don't know how long they take as I don't know how often the groups meet. I don't know if it is a daily class, or a group that meets once a week or once a month. I imagine the study would progress in much the same manner as we are doing - component by component, aspect by aspect. Teacher draws and explains, students draw and understand.

I'm a bit jealous that the groups are obviously loaded with members who are engaged in the study. I wish I could figure out how to get similar numbers of people over here engaged in the same process. That said, you have to start somewhere, and hopefully things will keep gradually building. I have no idea how long the courses have been running in Japan.

Return to “General Discussion”