Workbench advice

For the discussion of matters not relevant to Study Group mailings. idle chit chat, rants and raves - whatever is on your mind or care to share about.
Brian
Deshi

Re: Workbench advice

Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:09 pm

Thanks guys!

I'm loving that picture of the tokyo museum also. If Ever I put some real effort into my wall I might setup it up in that same fashion.

Funny, I actually wish I had much more lighting. I'm thinking about adding a few spot lights. I've looked into floor lamps on wheels also, but they're a hair impractical. (expense wise).
crannygoat
Raw Log Import

Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:55 pm

Siavosh, I landed a couple of large scale jobs last year that required a pretty big shop, so now I have one, right over the bay bridge from you in Oakland. I'm at the tail end of these jobs and have more space than I need. If you have any interest or need to rent shop space, I'm sure we can work something out. I wouldn't be seeking profit on such an exchange. In the 'your recent work' thread, you can get a sense of my shop in the table talk bit I posted. It is a continually evolving shop.
In any case, a visit from like minded woodworkers would be welcome. Perhaps a weekly meeting to tackle the joinery study projects? Could be fun.
everythingsings
Lurker

Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:50 pm

crannygoat wrote: Perhaps a weekly meeting to tackle the joinery study projects? Could be fun.
Cran, great idea; I'd be there.
crannygoat
Raw Log Import

Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:58 pm

everythingsings wrote:
crannygoat wrote: Perhaps a weekly meeting to tackle the joinery study projects? Could be fun.
Cran, great idea; I'd be there.
Lucas, cool. Anyone else in the bay area? I'm assuming weekends would be the time, but I'm flexible.
durbien
Sweeper of Floors, Maker of Tea

Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:12 am

I think the idea of small group study is a great one for those of us attempting this material. I don't really have a shop to host one of these things, but if anyone in Southern CA wants to meet up and share info/experiences that would be great.
Last edited by durbien on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Hall
Site Admin

Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:50 am

Brian, you've opened up quite a can of worms now.

This is how those doomsday cults start - a few innocent meet-ups all starting from an internet chat room...
Brian
Deshi

Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:32 am

Now I see what they mean by 'likeminded'.... :mrgreen:
Paul Atzenweiler
Deshi

Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:11 pm

This is how those doomsday cults start - a few innocent meet-ups all starting from an internet chat room...

I'll bring the sharpening stones and Kool-aid !!!

Return to “Miscellaneous Ramblings (Off Topic)”