New to this forum, just wanted to say hi!

For the discussion of matters not relevant to Study Group mailings. idle chit chat, rants and raves - whatever is on your mind or care to share about.
moody
Lurker

New to this forum, just wanted to say hi!

Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:52 pm

Been lurking around for a few days, looking for a place to introduce myself but with no luck!

Anyway, my name is Martin, 34 years of age and from Sweden. Since english is not my native language I will be a bit handicapped in discussions but will try to contribute if I can, but mostly I will try to soak up as much knowledge and inspiration from all you guys (and girls of course) as possible and continue to train and evolve as a woodworker. A few years ago I applied and got accepted for a two-year education at a cabinet making school so I left my old 9-5 to pursuit my dream of becoming a woodworker. School is now over and right now I'm slowly trying to build my own workshop and hopefully some day start my own business and make a living of my craft. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and thank Chris Hall for all his amazing work and inspiration, and for setting up this forum so likeminded can meet!

Best regards, Martin
Paul Atzenweiler
Deshi

Re: New to this forum, just wanted to say hi!

Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:12 pm

Can I come to Sweden and help you build your shop ? ! ? !
Chris Hall
Site Admin

Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:55 pm

Jeez, I was really struggling to understand your English there :roll:

I think from here on out, those who are not native speakers but who write better than most native speakers should just give the old "sorry for my poor English" line a rest.

I mean the above in good humor of course. Welcome to the forum Moody and I very much look forward your contributions.
moody
Lurker

Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:54 am

Thank you for the welcome Chris, and thank you Paul for your offer! The problem with building a shop is not the building it self, but rather the money needed to build it! Your welcome anyway though!
Chris Pyle
Deshi

Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:01 am

Welcome Moody. I would be interested in seeing some of the work you accomplished while in school or any future plans. You've joined a great forum.
moody
Lurker

Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:05 pm

Thank you! I will try to dig up some pictures from different furniture I've made. I've read about the word "schmeer" here and sadly some of the furniture is partly made from this banned word so maybe I'll just skip those pictures... Although I have to say I quite enjoy working with it, as long as it doesn't come prefabricated on a board of MDF that is!

Return to “Miscellaneous Ramblings (Off Topic)”