Introducing myself... new to the forum too.

For the discussion of matters not relevant to Study Group mailings. idle chit chat, rants and raves - whatever is on your mind or care to share about.
Marcelo Ribeiro
Lurker

Introducing myself... new to the forum too.

Sat May 02, 2015 9:26 am

Hy everybody,
I meet The Carpentry Way Blog about it´s first year, and then, i don´tn know why, i lost it through the thousands of woodworking topics at the internet....what´s my surprise when i rediscovered it, by the half of the Boston Museum Gate´s posts...
Since that i was doing an intensive learning until i feel updated enough to move here.
I´m a 47 year old guy, that quit the previous career, and turning a woodworking hobby into a professional way of living, kind of 4 years ago. Where i used to live, at a big city in Brazil, the major woodworking business is cabinetmaking, mainly MDF... and despite my passion to work with real wood, there was me... :(
Since my wife is japanese descendant, last year we decided to move to Japan, and live and work here, as "dekassegui" (foreign workers) to the japanese industry, for a couple of years, mainly in order to fix some financial issues, and as for me to have a chance of know better the culture and a bit of the country that i always admired so much.
Besides being here, the comunication is an issue to me, as i barely know the basic of the local language...how i would love to enter some woodshops here and talk to the guys....
Back to the forum, i´m very interest in jump into the study group. Just started today to read to topics related to it, to foundout which will be my own "Carpentry Way" to there... :roll:
Chris Pyle
Deshi

Re: Introducing myself... new to the forum too.

Sat May 02, 2015 12:24 pm

Welcome Marcelo, I look forward to seeing what you produce.
Paul Atzenweiler
Deshi

Thu May 07, 2015 9:55 pm

Sounds like an exciting adventure! I would like to see pictures of your work and Japan.
Jon B
Sweeper of Floors, Maker of Tea

Sun May 10, 2015 9:21 pm

Welcome to the forum Marcelo, I'm excited to hear about your adventures with woodworking in Japan! I think you'll find a lot of great information here to help you on your new woodworking path.
My girlfriend (who is japanese) and I are talking about spending a couple years in Japan so she can work and spend some time with family, and I am really hoping to find a carpentry opportunity there as well. From what others have told me learning the language is pretty important, so that is what I'm working on right now. That and studying/working to learn as much about Japanese carpentry as I can.

Where in Japan are you living?

Return to “Miscellaneous Ramblings (Off Topic)”