Congratulations!

For the discussion of matters not relevant to Study Group mailings. idle chit chat, rants and raves - whatever is on your mind or care to share about.
SteveM
Raw Log Import

Congratulations!

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:44 am

Hi Chris,

Just read you latest post on The Carpentry Way (http://thecarpentryway.blogspot.ca) - congratulations, eh!

Steve
Yxoc

Re: Congratulations!

Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:00 pm

Chris, so did I!
Wow, did I miss the memo that said you were expecting?
Congratulations and well done to both of you, especially Mrs Hall.
A fine looking lad indeed.
Warm regards
Derek
Chris Hall
Site Admin

Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:30 pm

Thanks! The pregnancy and recent birth have loomed large in the background - and now foreground - for me over the past several months. Family and close friends were aware of course, but I didn't want to say anything public until we were through the delivery.

Now i'm learning to be a dad, an old one to be sure, and it is certainly humbling and challenging. With at least some trepidation, I look forward to the days ahead. We had the usual issues with jaundice with our newborn, and seem to be on the good side of that situation now.
Chris Pyle
Deshi

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:55 pm

Chris Hall wrote:Thanks! The pregnancy and recent birth have loomed large in the background - and now foreground - for me over the past several months. Family and close friends were aware of course, but I didn't want to say anything public until we were through the delivery.

Now i'm learning to be a dad, an old one to be sure, and it is certainly humbling and challenging. With at least some trepidation, I look forward to the days ahead. We had the usual issues with jaundice with our newborn, and seem to be on the good side of that situation now.
Congratulations Chris! I wish every child was born to such thoughtful parents. The world needs more good children, I have no doubt you are both up to the task.
Brian
Deshi

Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:10 pm

Congrats again Chris! I wish you are your family the best!
Vips
Sweeper of Floors, Maker of Tea

Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:27 am

Congratulations Chris! Hope you're all well.
Matt J
Hopper I
Hopper I

Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:52 pm

Chris I'm so happy for the three of you! I'm impressed by (and my wife is a bit jealous of) the speedy delivery. Thunderbolt indeed!

-Matt
Chris Hall
Site Admin

Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:45 pm

Thanks again!

The delivery was amazingly quick, and very moving to behold, but the placenta was more of a struggle to remove, and a process nearly as painful as the birth, from what my wife related. I got to snip the umbilical cord, which was kinda cool (and no, I didn't bring a special tool for that :shock: ).

Currently, I get sleep in 2~3 hour stretches at best, which I find hard. So, don't expect much in the way of lucid or intelligent commentary from me for the next while....
Brian
Deshi

Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:51 pm

Otosan, you may have noticed some rather bizarre posts from me on occasion, this unique sleep schedule is partially to blame. :D

I think henry boy started sleeping through the night at about 3~ months IIRC.
Chris Hall
Site Admin

Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:36 pm

Three months seems so very far right now.....

You know, I was half-expecting a follow up to the comment,
...don't expect much in the way of lucid or intelligent commentary from me for the next while....
along the lines of,
So, what else is new?
I threw that across the middle of the plate, left it sitting there, and, well, sometime you get away with it I guess.

Return to “Miscellaneous Ramblings (Off Topic)”