Ebay rip offs of the week

For the discussion of matters not relevant to Study Group mailings. idle chit chat, rants and raves - whatever is on your mind or care to share about.
Chris Hall
Site Admin

Ebay rip offs of the week

Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:12 am

SteveM
Raw Log Import

Re: Ebay rip offs of the week

Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:32 pm

The Nakaya saw is obviously way overpriced (Tools From Japan has it for about $35), and who needs 6 replacement blades? (maybe if you tried to saw metal with it :o ). Also, the pics show a 150mm which has the finer tooth count, while the actual auction is for a 210mm which has less tpi, so maybe a bait and switch as well.

The other example is a lot newer than WW2 besides not being worth the asking price. "Edit" looking again at the pics on this one, it looks like there is a dent or wrinkle about midway - (maybe just the lighting) - there should be a huge discount for that :lol:

Hopefully no one falls for the descriptions and the sellers realize there not going to make a fool of anyone but themselves.

I can recommend the saw though at the regular price - it does have a very thin kerf.
Brian
Deshi

Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:47 am

But.... it may have been used to saw wood....into shorter pieces of wood. Until one fateful day when it was kinked, then gifted to a westerner.

Also, during WWII, I'm certain it was common for Japanese handle makers to put 'Japan' on the handle....in English....Or 240m/m on the cover.
nyamo_iaint
Raw Log Import

Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:01 pm

Words fail me... and after looking at the sellers other items, words still fail me.
Iain T

Return to “Miscellaneous Ramblings (Off Topic)”