More Congratulations Chris!

For the discussion of matters not relevant to Study Group mailings. idle chit chat, rants and raves - whatever is on your mind or care to share about.
NoriOkada
Lurker

More Congratulations Chris!

Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:03 pm

I noticed Chris Hall has been interviewed and published in the prestigious Italian magazine LEGNO LAB!

From the tiny pictures that I could only see on the website in italian, it looks like Chris is all decked out in a suit and tie! Looks SHARP!

Nori
Chris Hall
Site Admin

Re: More Congratulations Chris!

Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:10 pm

You are reading rather widely my friend! How on earth did you come across that? And do you read Italian?

The magazine has asked me to write some articles for them, which I've agreed to do. However, finding the time is the tricky bit, and they're not the only ones who want me to write something. I've worked out a blog exchange with Brian H, a member here, and yep, no time to spare of late...
NoriOkada
Lurker

Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:26 pm

Oh!
I'm glad I could surprise someone as smart as you!

As much as I don't like to be obsessively staring at pictures on my phone, I got an Instagram account. And today I saw a post by a Spanish woodworker named Julian Alonso, who goes by the Instagram account name Carpenteria Hayabusa, and he mentioned the Italian Magazine Legno and had a little picture of some pages.... And there your name was in giant letters! So I went to the Italian Website and found the article under preview, and skimmed through it. I don't know Italian but knowing French from French Immersion classes while growing up in Alberta, Canada, I could understand most of it, basically the biographical introduction.

I didn't think I would like Instagram because I associate it with self-absorbed teens, but I do like it now because I have used it like a visual aggregator of woodworking images and techniques, as well as drywall and plastering tools and techniques, because I have an endless number of holes to patch in the button board plaster walls of my fixer-upper house. Yes, I know old articles in your blog advise against buying an old house, but me and my wife love the house, but like the old saying, "The only thing working in an old house, is the owner."

So, Instagram allows me to learn about things I would never have known about otherwise...

Once again, congratulations!
Nori
Chris Hall
Site Admin

Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:45 pm

I have flirted with the idea of joining Instagram, but that would mean I would need to get a smartphone first, and that's about as far as the idea gets...

Return to “Miscellaneous Ramblings (Off Topic)”